A genuine gratifying storm for all Nexus One owners and lovers!! Apparently practically hoped for Android 2.2 codenamed Froyo update is now available for download which is supposed to be available a much earlier than expected. However Android 2.2 Froyo available is particularly for Google Phones, where TechCrunch covers an article showing the latest OS 2.2 update is particularly for Google Nexus One and not for any other Android phones.
The Android 2.2 update was screened via OTA (Over-the-air), if you love beta test running on your devices than you should update your Nexus One to the latest OS, or if you love official releases than wait for Android “system tray” pop-up notification which is expected at any time shortly. Below if have shown the steps how to update your Nexus One to Froyo watch out the steps:
HOW TO INSTALL FROYO ON NEXUS ONE
- First download the genuine Android 2.2 firmware for Nexus One.
- Now transfer the downloaded file to your microSD memory card and rename it to “update.zip” (without quotations”)
- Switch of the phone.
- Press down the volume button and again power it on.
- Now your phone will start searching for files like PBooIMG.zip file which is a normal act. Navigate to recovery button and hit the power on button.
- When your screen display “/!”, press the power button with a combination of Volume Up button the same time. Soon a menu will pop-up showing onw of the options “Apply sdcard:update.zip”.
- Select the displayed message with the help of your trackball button.
- The installation will start normally, after a couple of time you will see a message “Install from sdcard complete”, reboot the device and enjoy Android 2.2
If you want a complete information on Android 2.2 features and update you should check our previously published post.
via Android Developers with additional info from TechPP