Counter Strike is the most popular shooting game which is played all over the world over local area network. The gaming freak spend their whole day in front of the computer with their hands on the mouse and eyes aiming to acquire a perfect head shot.
When you play on dedicated servers there are many restrictions imposed for e.g. pasting decals, restricted to specified guns etc. If you want to get free from all these restriction and want to create your own named server with all your favorites then you may follow this post which will guide you to create your server.
If you run your dedicated server in console mode it would run better , implement these steps as it defined :
- Search for the "hlds" file which is locally under the game folder.
- Right click to the file and click: Send to -> Desktop.
- When the hlds icon appears on your desktop right click on "Shortcut to hlds" and click "Properties".
- The path specified will be similiar to "C:Dedicatedhlds.exe" (depending on your installation drive).
- Enter the following just after hlds.exe: -console -game cstrike +port 27015 +map de_dust2 +maxplayers 20 -autoupdate –insecure
- -console (for console mode)
- -game cstrike (for the game mode cstrike/czero)
- +port 27015 (for the server port)
- +map de_dust2 (for the startup map)
- +maxplayers 20 (for how meny players)
- -autoupdate (auto update the server)
- -insecure (-insecure for NON-VAC. Remove it if you want VAC on)
This is how you can make you personal server on your LAN, if you find any difficulty in any step feel free to ask.